Becoming a Part-Owner of The Northwest Swim Club
The Northwest Swim Club is owned and operated by Certificate of Membership holders. The purchase of a Certificate of Membership guarantees owners annual admittance to Club and voting privileges at annual meetings provided yearly dues are paid in-full by May 1 of each year. Each Certificate holder is an equal part owner in the Club.
There are 3 ways for you to purchase a Certificate of Membership.
- Purchase the Certificate directly from the Northwest Swim Club at its face value of $250. Contact email@example.com for necessary forms and further instructions.
- Purchase the Certificate directly from the Northwest Swim Club on a 3-year payment plan, $100/year. Voting rights and full value of the Certificate do not kick in until final payment is received. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for necessary forms and further instructions.
- Purchase the Certificate from another member in good standing (called a Transfer) at an agreed upon price plus $35 Transfer fee. Available Certificates for Transfer are often found on our “Membership Bond Forum” on the website but may also be found in the newspaper or word-of-mouth. Contact email@example.com for necessary forms and further instructions. It is important to verify the validity of the Certificate through firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing as some have been permanently terminated for lack of yearly dues payment.
- Current Certificate holders who want to Transfer their Certificate must contact email@example.com, for official transfer forms, validity of bond and instructions. It is up to the current member to locate a buyer and sell their certificate prior to May 1 of every year to avoid having to pay dues for that summer.
Certificate Terminations – As previously stated, owning a Certificate of Membership requires yearly payment of annual dues. Those not paying by May 1 of each year begins the process of Termination. This process includes:
- Assessment of $25 Penalty Fee
- Attempted contact by a Trustee and/or Pool Staff Member to determine members intent.
- Written notice of Termination sent by Board
- Non-payment at the end of this process will result in loss of value of the Certificate. The Board then possesses the right to issue a new Certificate, in its place, to a new paying member.